If you need to play Fortnite Chapter 2, the battle-royale shooter sport that follows the wildly fashionable Fortnite Season 10 (which ended with a ), you will not discover it within the Google Play Store. The solely technique to entry the sport’s new map, mechanics like weapon upgrades and a wealth of different adjustments on Android telephones just like the Samsung Galaxy S10 ($650 at Amazon) and Google Pixel 4 is to put in it your self.
Why, when Epic Games, the maker of Fortnite, affords the sport on the PS4, Xbox One, Mac, PC, Nintendo Switch ($299 at Walmart) and iPhone ($699 at Amazon)? Because Google takes a 30% lower of all in-app purchases, which Epic was unwilling to pay. Apple does the identical factor in its App Store, but it truly hosts the sport obtain.
In 2018,, “On open platforms like PC, Mac and Android, Epic’s goal is to bring its games directly to customers. We believe gamers will benefit from competition among software sources on Android.”
Epic got here up with a intelligent, albeit dangerous, technique to get the sport onto most Android telephones with out going by way of Google’s app retailer: sideload it. Sideloading is whenever you set up an app from wherever however the official app retailer; on this case Google Play. It requires you to sidestep safety in your phone to put in the app, which might make your system weak to malware or viruses. And that is a fairly large draw back. For me, no sport or app is price that form of danger. And but, the rising recognition of Fortnite permits Epic Games to go this route.
Read extraand .
Here is the overview of loading Fortnite onto an Android phone: set up Epic Games APK, set up Epic Games app, set up Fortnite app, set up Fortnite. Watch the video beneath to observe our step-by-step information.
Determine in case your phone is Fortnite-compatible
Unfortunately, not all Android telephones can deal with Fortnite. Here’s what you’ll want to run Fortnite:
- Android 8.zero or newer
- At least 4GB of RAM
- Ability to run 64-bit apps
- One of the next GPUs: Adreno 530 or greater, Mali-G71 MP20, Mali-G72 MP12 or greater
Basically, you want a higher-end phone like a Galaxy S8 ($320 at Amazon) or newer, or an LG G5 ($189 at Amazon) or newer. In different phrases, a finances phone just like the Motorola Moto G7 ($190 at Walmart) will not lower it.
If you go to Epic’s website from your Android phone, there is a record of supported gadgets.
Download Epic Games APK file
To begin the method of getting Fortnite onto your phone, you’ll want to get the EpicGamesApp.apk file. APK stands for Android Package Kit and is used to distribute and set up apps.
There are just a few methods to get it. If you are on a Samsung phone, go to the Galaxy Store app and obtain it there. If you’ve a more moderen Sony Xperia phone, there must be an icon on the house display. Otherwise, out of your phone’s browser seek for Fortnite Android and go to Epic’s web site. Tap the yellow Download button and observe the prompts. By the way in which, on a Mac of PC, you may go to Epic’s Android page and use the QR code to get the identical APK file.
Download the Epic Games Android app
1. Start to obtain the EpicGamesApp APK file. A warning will pop up asking you to approve the obtain.
2. Open the APK file by going into the downloads folder of your browser (like Chrome Downloads) and tapping the EpicGamesApp.apk file. A pop-up will warn that “for your security your phone is not allowed to install unknown apps from this source.”
3. You’ll be prompted to replace your browser settings to let you open the APK file — “Install unknown apps – allow from this source.”
4. A pop-up window that reads, “Do you want to install this application? It does not require special access.” Approve to obtain the Epic Games app.
Download Fortnite app
1. Open the Epic Games app and faucet on the Fortnite banner.
2. You’ll both have the choice to put in the Fortnite app or be informed that your system is not suitable.
3. Assuming your system is suitable, faucet the Install button.
4. A pop-up window will inform you that the sport must take up area in your phone.
5. Allow Epic entry to your system’s images, media and information. The Fortnite app will set up. This can take a couple of minutes.
6. A safety window about Epic Games will pop up. You’ll should allow “allow from source” with a view to set up Fortnite.
7. Another window will seem, prompting you to put in Fornite. Click Install.
Install Fornite for Android
1. Open the Fortnite app and allow the app entry to your storage, contacts and microphone.
2. If your phone is operating a brand new model of Android, just like the Pixel Four operating Android 10, you may see a window pop up letting you understand that Fortnite was constructed for an older model of Android.
3. Log in to your Epic Games account.
4. Finally, you will be requested to put in the meat of the sport, which occupies 5.63GB of storage.
5. Play the sport.
6. Fortnite may have to obtain further hi-res images. But aside from that, you need to be good to go and play Fortnite!
You will not be prompted to do that, however when you’re up and operating, it is a good suggestion to disable “allow from source” installs. Doing so will assist stop some malware and viruses from getting a foothold.
Go to Settings > Apps & notification > Advanced > Special app entry > Install Unknown apps and select Epic Games. Then slide the Allow from this system button to off.
Originally posted earlier this month.